Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Playground

I walk down the steps out the back of my apartment and make a right. I stare at this spot every day as I walk to and from the subway and now it's time to explore.



My footsteps lead down a steep path, and if I didn't look back, it would be hard to tell I just came off of a main street.


See that pile of wood? I don't. I see log-overs and ramps.  I feel air under my wheels.


That's not a pile of unused bricks and stone. It's the foundations of my stunts.


This steep slope begs for a line going down its face.  I see hours of work to pay for seconds of exhilaration, and the price seems just right.


To cap it off, there is a skinny that just hasn't been cut yet.  This could be the start or end of a sweet little run.


You might see some footsteps in the snow, but I see a winter playground.

I think I'll start building on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, please invite me when you ride it!

    Also, if you're still working on it when I'm back from Vancouver, I can most definitely help!

    ReplyDelete