Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2010 U-Cup Season Re-cap

Well, the final cranks have been pedaled in the 2010 U-Cup race series, and I must say, my first season on the U of T mountain bike team was unreal fun!  Everyone I met was extremely supportive of their fellow racers and I was happy to have a chance to interact with people from different schools.  Despite missing 2 races due to other obligations and unfortunate alarm-clock-related distractions, I thought I had a pretty good taste of the race series. 

The two race courses and time trial course that I did have a chance to do showcased an awesome variety of terrain.  They helped many people reveal their strengths as bikers in an atmosphere that wasn't too competitive to stifle the fun.  I thought the U of T team all did a fantastic job in the races.  However, I'd also like to congratulate Guelph and Queens on being co-champions for the season.  The full individual results are available here and I will post the team results when I they go up.

Personally, I obviously have a lot of room for improvement next year, which I hope to gain by training more over winter, riding harder next summer, and not missing any race buses next season.  I feel that I now have a decent benchmark set for my future amateur racing, and I intend to reach a point where I can regularly find myself in the front of race packs.  I also saw some incredible talent on the U of T team this year that I hope will turn into a more top-10 biased season for 2011.

With that, I leave you with a couple photos from the last race, from Brian Liu:
Team photo.  Maybe I'll photoshop myself in later
U of T's Theo Theobessiou tearing it up at Ganaraska.  2nd overall in men's B, congrats Theo!

No comments:

Post a Comment