Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fixed Gear Mountain Biking part 2

My friend Swoo and I decided to hit the fall bike show which turned out to be a crowded mass of people practically shoving each other for a chance at the best deals. I managed to pick up a pair of cycling shoes to replace my over-sized old ones for $50. Then I managed to get the hell out.

Since the day was so beautiful, we decided to make up for that horrible episode with a trail ride in the Don Valley. I have to say, riding with Swoo is totally different from riding with the Don Rats. Firstly, his fixed gear free-style bike provides some...limitations to the ride speed. The upshot of that is that we spent more time enjoying some of the features in the valley that I usually skip in a mad attempt to catch my riders. We also had time to take some pictures:






The second difference is Swoo rides with a video camera and loves to make edits of his rides.  Thus, we came out with a souvenir:

Don Valley Trails from swoo on Vimeo.

Except for a stupid mechanical where the horseshoe spring on my brakes somehow caught the rotor and made my front brake unusable and one flat, this was a perfect ride.  Not too fast, beautiful day in the beautiful Don that reminds me why I love fall on the east coast.

Thanks for the edit, Swoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment