Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Race Recap: 2010 Boler Mountain U-Cup race

So, two weeks have passed since the second race of the U-Cup series at Boler Mountain.  Unfortunately, I didn't write about it when it was all fresh in my mind, so here's the skinny:
The course was fast, they say that it's the favorite of the roadies on the team.  Lots of ups and downs, and practically no technical features on the trail (I think there might have been one mini log-over).  Of course, despite that, I still managed to crash: while leaning for a bermed turn, I rode over a small stick which slipped right out from under my wheel and I went right down.  Luckily, nothing was damaged on my body, and the bike came out of it with a bent brake lever and a slightly bent bar.  I jumped back on my bike and managed to hold on to 15th place for the race.  It was a ton of fun, and a late start to the biking season.  I'm sure that next year, I'll be much more on form and I'll kill it.

Here are some pictures from the race:
Mugging for the camera
I wish my race face was more interesting than the "fish-out-of-water" look I sport at the moment, but alas, it's the only one I have.

Thank you to Mike Levesque for the pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment